Raspberry Pi User Guide contains everything you need to know to get up and running with Raspberry Pi. This book is the go-to guide for Noobs who want to dive right in.
About The Book
- Authors: Eben Upton.
- Title: Raspberry Pi User Guide.
- Paperback: 312 pages.
- Released: August 29, 2016.
- Language: English.
About The Author
- Eben Upton: author, freelance technology journalist, writer, programmer, electronics designer, and erstwhile sysadmin. A love of technology drives the development of open source systems and documentation, as well as features and news for publications including Linux User & Developer, Custom PC, Micro Mart, IT Pro, Bit-Tech and Expert Reviews.
What I Like
The Raspberry Pi was created to make programming interesting and accessible to kids; with over 9 million sold, the small but mighty Pi has become a phenomenon for all ages.
Covering everything you need to know about the board and its software, this book starts from the very beginning to get you up and running in no time. You’ll discover how to add a camera, keyboard, storage, and more, and how to take your project to the next level by connecting to other devices.
Great book for the ultimate beginner includes some educational programming examples for beginners to help give you an idea of the many things you can do with this tiny computer.
- Install the software and connect to display, audio, network, and more
- Master Linux nomenclature and conventions
- Write your own software using Scratch and Python
- Install, run, and explore Minecraft Pi edition
- Hack hardware and troubleshoot common issues
- Customize your Pi with software, hardware, and network configuration
- Extend the Pi’s capabilities with add-ons like Wi-Fi dongles, a touch screen, and more
Eben Upton does a superior job of keeping the reader interested while imparting the kind of knowledge that makes the learning experience a rewarding one. Explanations are clear and detailed, and nothing is left out. If you’re interested in exploring the Raspberry Pi – even if you have little to no prior knowledge going in – this is the book you should buy first.