In Raspberry Pi For Dummies, 3rd Edition veteran tech authors Sean McManus and Mike Cook make it easier than ever to get you up and running on your Raspberry Pi, from setting it up, downloading the operating system, and using the desktop environment to editing photos, playing music and videos, and programming with Scratch – and everything in between.
About The Book
- Authors: Sean McManus and Mike Cook.
- Title: Raspberry Pi For Dummies, 3rd Edition.
- Paperback: 504 pages.
- Released: September 12, 2017.
- Language: English.
- Series: For Dummies
About The Author
- Sean McManus is an expert technology and business author. His tutorials and articles have appeared in The MagPi, Internet Magazine, Business 2.0, and Personal Computer World.
- Mike Cook is a former Physics lecturer at Manchester Metropolitan University who has designed access control systems and written over 300 computing and electronics articles.
What I Like
Sean McManus and Mike Cook did a fantastic job introducing the Raspberry Pi platform and how to get started. The book covers all the initial setup and what to expect throughout the process. The book covers programming using both Scratch and Python and does a really good job with clear and concise code samples.
Raspberry Pi For Dummies, 3rd Edition makes computing as easy as pie! It gives specific instructions on how to create a bootable SD card to run the Pi. The book explains how to work with the operating environment and examples of how to program the Pi for your own purposes. There are sections on creating interactive games and how to use the Pi to control LEDs and other items.
Great book for the ultimate beginner includes some educational programming examples for beginners to help give you an idea of the many things you can do with this tiny computer.
- Covers connecting the Pi to other devices such as a keyboard, mouse, monitor, and how to install the OS
- What you need for Raspberry Pi
- Teaches you basic Linux System Admin, the way to working with Linux
- Learn Programming with Scratch® and Python®
- Explores creating simple hardware projects
- Create electronics projects connected to the GPIO port
- Projects with LEDs and RFID
- Making music with Sonic Pi
- Coding mazes with Minecraft
- Shows you how to create web pages
Well written and easy to follow. It provides a lot of detailed information about the Pi and how to work with it. If you’re interested in exploring the Raspberry Pi, this is the perfect guide you should buy.