Twenty beginner-friendly electronics projects using the Raspberry Pi, a tiny and affordable computer that will have you making electronics gadgets in no time.
About The Book
- Authors: Rui Santos and Sara Santos.
- Title: 20 Easy Raspberry Pi Projects: Toys, Tools, Gadgets, and More!
- Paperback: 288 pages.
- Released: April 17, 2018!
- Language: English.
- Example Project 13: Burglar Detector with Photo Capture
About The Author
- Rui Santos has a master’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering and runs Random Nerd Tutorials, a popular site full of step-by-step instructions for electronics projects. His work has been featured on popular websites like Instructables, Hackaday, Dangerous Prototypes, and Adafruit.
- Sara Santos has a master’s degree in Bioengineering and she has always had a passion for writing, teaching, and STEM. So, when Rui invited her to be a part of this journey, she instantly accepted. Currently, she works full time at Random Nerd Tutorials doing what she loves the most.
What I Like
The book starts with a quick introduction to the Raspberry Pi board and the Python programming language and then jump straight to the project. Each project comes with step-by-step instructions full-color photos of circuit diagrams and the complete code to make it work.
This is the best one for electronics lovers with a first simple project like blinking an LED and a push-button flashlight to get you familiar with electronics and programming. Then you build more interesting fun and useful gadgets.
The 20 projects are divided into six different parts:
- Web applications
- Games and toys
You’ll learn how to build interactive projects like a digital drum set; a WiFi controlled robot; a Pong game; an intruder alarm that sends email notifications; a gas leak detector; a weather forecaster; and IoT gadgets that control electronics around the house.
Along the way, you’ll work with core components like LCD screens, cameras, sensors, and even learn how to set up your own server.
This is a gorgeously illustrated text on how to make simple Raspberry Pi widgets using minimal other parts.
If you’re ready to hit the ground running and make something interesting, let 20 Easy Raspberry Pi Projects be your guide.