Choosing a good air purifier not only for fresh indoor air but also to ensure durability, minimize the costs incurred during use. Therefore, read our article on the most popular air purifiers today and how to choose the best air purifier for your home.
- 1. WHAT IS AN AIR PURIFIER?
- 2. WHY USE THE AIR PURIFIER?
- 3. BUYING AN AIR PURIFIER, WHICH FACTORS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED?
- 4. TOP BEST SELLING AIR PURIFIERS ON AMAZON
- 5. CONCLUSION
1. WHAT IS AN AIR PURIFIER?
An air purifier or air cleaner is a device that removes contaminants from the air in a room to improve indoor air quality. Harmful agents in the environment such as dirt, odors, mold, bacteria … do not have conditions for development and harm to human health. In order to purify the air source thoroughly, some high-end products are also equipped with other features such as killing bacteria, deodorizing, dehumidifying or humidifying.
In essence, the operation of an air purifier is based on the convection currents generated under the action of an exhaust fan. The fan will suck the entire airflow around, through the air filter, trapping dirt and radiating clean air. The machine consists of 3 main parts: the engine with the rotor; air filter system and protective frame.
Air cleaners are divided into 3 main categories. They are air purifiers for mini air purifiers, room air purifiers, and car air purifiers.
- Mini air purifier: This is a common product line used for small areas.
- Room air purifier: This is a series of filters with a large capacity, capable of cleaning the air for the entire space in the room.
- Car air purifier: Used in cars to help clean the dirt, deodorize and prevent motion sickness. The product has a compact design, using a charge of 12V.
1.1. The best portable air purifiers on Amazon you must try
1.2. The best room air purifiers on Amazon you must try
1.3. The best car air purifiers on Amazon you must try
2. WHY USE THE AIR PURIFIER?
The air purifier is a very popular product, has many applications in life today. Many people often wonder if using air conditioning, including an air purifier function, should we buy an air purifier? The answer is “yes”.
Because each product line has a separate function. The air purifier is a specialized product to help your air to be fresher and cleaner. The product offers many great advantages that an air conditioner cannot meet.
The main effects of air purifiers include:
- Filter dust, mold, toxic substances, irritants, affecting the respiratory tract such as pollen, fur …
- Eliminates the smell of sweat, the smell of food in the air to help keep the air fresh.
- Eliminate harmful viruses and bacteria due to the effect of UV sterilization.
- Get rid of flies and mosquitoes.
- Adding moisture to space in dry weather conditions.
- Dehumidify in humid weather conditions.
With these great effects, owning an air purifier is essential. Products help create a healthier space, protect the health, improve the quality of life.
3. BUYING AN AIR PURIFIER, WHICH FACTORS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED?
In order to buy good quality air purifiers, you need to pay attention to many factors. Can include basic factors such as:
3.1. Using space, room area
This is the basic and most essential factor to keep in mind when you need to buy air purifiers.
- If you use an air purifier for a bedroom with an area of less than 15 square meters, you should use air purifiers with an airflow of about 160 m3 / h.
- If used for dining rooms, small living rooms with an area of 15 – 20 square meters, it is best to choose the product line with a flow of 180 m3 / h.
- Using a room air purifier with an area of 20 – 40 square meters, you should consider products with wind flow ranging from 240 to 360 m3 / h.
- Especially if used for a large hall or office with an area of over 40 square meters, products with a flow of 510 m3 / h will be the best choice.
3.2. Kind of filter for air purifier
The number of filters directly affects the quality of air purifiers. Therefore, when buying a filter, find out what kind of filters are equipped with the product.
- Pre-filter: This type of filter that every purifier product is equipped, placed in the outermost position to retain large-sized dust such as animal hair, suspended fabric … The pre-filter is made of elastic-plastic. When the filter is dirty, it can be cleaned and used normally.
- True HEPA filter: Has the function of removing micron-sized dust particles or allergens such as mold, pollen, and has the ability to effectively deodorize. HEPA filters have a service life from 6 months to 3 years and must be replaced. Typically, the air filtered through this filter has reached a safe, clean environment without affecting human health.
- Activated carbon filter and formaldehyde filter: This is an additional filter layer in high-quality air filtration devices. The composition of this filter is activated carbon with the function of deodorizing, eliminating toxic substances in the air. The life of this filter from 6 months to 3 years.
- Humidifying filter: Humidifying filter will be added in some air purifier products to humidify.
- Mosquito filter: This is the outer filter to catch mosquitoes and kill mosquitoes in the house space.
- Ionic Filter (or Ionizer): This filter emits negative ions to charge small particles like dust, pollen, and bacteria and collect them into a plate.
- UV-C Light: The Ultra Violet light destroys bacteria and viruses by sterilizing them. The UV-C Light (UV Light type C) is harmless to humans.
- HyperHEPA Filter: A technology from IQAir, which is better than True HEPA filter.
- HEPA-type Filter: This filter is a lower quality version of a True HEPA filter and doesn’t meet the standards set in place by the U.S. DOE mentioned above.
3.3. Air purifier function
The main effect of the air purifier removes dirt, mold, and unpleasant odors. They help your atmosphere to be more fresh and cool.
However, with modern technology, air purifier products are now equipped with many other features such as bacterium, deodorizing, removing fishy, cigarette deodorizing, ionizing, sensors gas … The more integrated features, the more convenient for user experience.
3.4. Air purifier cost
Currently, there are many types of air cleaners on the market with different capacities, models and features. This leads to the product price also has a significant difference.
Air purifiers under $100:
Air purifiers under $300:
Ultra Air purifiers:
3.5. Air purifier brand
To choose the products of good quality, the origin is the main factor that cannot be ignored. Currently, on the market, there are many products of different brands. Each product line has its own advantages and disadvantages.
When buying air purifiers, you should choose products from reputable brands. The manufacturer will ensure good quality, price as well as other policies for customers such as warranty, transportation mode.
- Rabbit Air: This brand is one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., ranked sixth by INC. magazine.
- Honeywell: This is an American multinational and Fortune 100 company, which is founded in 1906. Their air purifiers are really famous for simple design but powerful fans.
- Winix: This brand has a modern design and manufactured air treatment solution for home and office environments from 1973.
- Guardian Technologies: As a winner of The Weatherhead 100 and EY Entrepreneur of The Year, Guardian Technologies is truly a king of budget segment. Generally, all the air purifiers from this American brand are among $50 – $200 price range, making them so popular in any US household.
- Levoit: This brand is an active air purifier brand, well-known for their great support. They are headquartered in Southern California but spread globally into Germany, Japan, and China.
- Oransi: One of the best air purifier brands which is recommended by the comprehensive University Study, Oransi is truly a strong name in the air cleaning industry.
- Alen Corp.: Alen is the first air purifier brand to deliver the Forever Warranty. This American company is famous for their unmatched customer services.
4. TOP BEST SELLING AIR PURIFIERS ON AMAZON
4.1. LEVOIT Air Purifier Core 300-RF
Over 7,500 sold devices per month in the US, this is the king of price/performance air purifier for you at this time. It also has many options of filters depending on your conditions such as Original Filter, Pet Allergy Filter, Toxin Absorber Filter, Mold Bacteria Filter.
The features of LEVOIT Air Purifier Core 300-RF:
- Higher Purify Performance: Use the Core 300 to fill your environment with crisp, clean air. Its Vortexair Technology creates a stronger air flow, AHAM Certified CADR number is 230+m3/h, allowing it to cover up to 215 sq. ft. AC 120V/60HZ for USA and Canada
- Improved Filtration: With larger expansion area and longer length than others, the HEPA filter works with ultra-fine Pre-filter and activated carbon filter, trapping 99. 97% of fine particles as small as 0. 3 microns and large pollutants such as pollen, dust, pet dander, smoke
- Most Silent Air Cleaner: The noise level is nearly voiceless at sleep mode with only 24db, its QuietKEAP Technology reduces noise so you can sleep in a restful and soothing indoor environment
- Ultra-long Service Life: The AC capacitor motor uses durable high-precision bearing, and excellent internal structure increases abrasion resist, which obviously extends the life of machine
- Full Certified for Safer: AHAM Verified, is the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers, Complies with California air resources board(CARB) for indoor cleaning devices. Also Energy Star Verified, FCC certified, ETL listed, CA PROP 65 certified
- Ozone Free: Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV/Ion light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution
- Undisturbed Operation: display light can be turned off to enjoy a perfect night of sleep without the effect of light. A timer for 2/4/6/8 hours and filter life time indicator for your convenience
- What you get: Air purifier, 3-in-1 HEPA filter and user manual. Professional and California-based Customer Service from Levoit. Replacement filter is available to purchase.
4.2. Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier AC4300B
The next popular in any US household, in any room in your home or at work. Modern design at a good price, what you can do with AC4300B:
- 3-IN-1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME: True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns from the air.
- PET PURE FILTER: An antimicrobial agent is added to the filter to inhibit the growth of mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria on the filter’s surface.
- KILLS GERMS: UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds.
- TRAPS ALLERGENS: Pre-filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter.
- REDUCES ODORS: Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more.
- ULTRA-QUIET MODE: Ultra-quiet sleep mode with a programmable timer helps you get a good night’s rest with cleaner air.
- SETTINGS: Choose between 3-speed settings and an optional UV C light.
- ROOM SIZE: 22-inch purifier filters air 4x per hour at max speed in medium to large rooms up to 153 sq. feet. CADR RATING: Dust (107) Pollen (116) and Smoke (99).
- GENUINE REPLACEMENTS: Only use Genuine GermGuardian replacement parts to maintain performance. Replace the filter every 6-8 months and the UV-C bulb every 10-12 months.
- AHAM VERIFIED & ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED: This air purifier was rated for its ability to filter tobacco smoke, dust, and pollen from rooms and be Energy Star Certified and CARB compliant.
4.3. LEVOIT Smart Wi-Fi Air Purifier LV-PUR131S
If you need a powerful air purifier for a big room but have to quiet for your baby, LV-PUR131S is the best choice for your home. Fully set up and connect it to the Vesync App only in minutes, everything can control in your hand.
Top features of LEVOIT Smart Wi-Fi Air Purifier LV-PUR131S:
- REMOTE CONTROL: Use your smartphone to control air purifier from anywhere, always breathe fresh air when arrive at home; Use the VeSync app to control your air purifier to set a schedule, monitor the air quality, set a timer, change the mode, turn off the LED display and so on.
- VOICE CONTROL: Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT, power your devices without lifting a finger, Levoit air cleaner masterful control over your air quality just by speaking.
- SCHEDULE & TIMER: Create customized schedule on APP to automatically turn on and off the air purifier no matter on which date, which period or under which mode; Its CADR rating of 135+.
- SMART FILTER LIFE: With smart Scientific algorithm, our air purifier can calculate the real filter life according to the filter’s situation, not just simply define the filter’s life with a few months, thus help to save money; Remaining filter life can be checked on VeSync app.
- HIGHER EFFICIENCY FOR LARGE ROOM: With Honeycomb active carbon HEPA filter, the purify efficiency is 30% higher and purify speed is 30% faster than other ordinary filter; air change 4. 5 times per hour for 360 sq. ft. room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens.
- QUIET AS RUSTLING LEAVES: Filter the air with a noise level of 27 dB for a restful and soothing indoor environment, helping you sleep deeply.
- ENERGY STAR & CARB CERTIFIED: Energy Star-certified, CARB, FCC Certified & CE & ETL Listed, this air purifier meets strict requirements and is considered to be energy-saving, and quality-assured. Note: A secured 2. 4 GHz Wi-Fi network is required.
- 1-12 HOURS TIMER FUNCTION: Other than 3 timer options of other air purifiers, the 1-12 hour timer range gives you the flexibility to choose exactly how long you want the purifier to operate at any given time and save energy in the process.
4.4. PARTU HEPA Air Purifier
Over 3,000 sold per month in US, what made this air purifier special? Very compact for your room with fragrance sponges such as Citrus, Honeydew, Melon, Quince, Musk, Vanilla, Orris or Vetiver. It’s a good selection for people who have a heavy smoke neighbor.
The features from manufactory:
- 100% Ozone Free: Carb, Etl & Fcc approved.
- EFFICIENT THREE-STAGE FILTRATION SYSTEM: PARTU HEPA Air Purifier features a three-stage filtration system. This comprises a pre-filter, a HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter, powerful enough to captures up dust, pollen, smoke, odor, pet dander, filters particles as small as 0.3 microns and air pollution of PM 2.5.
- AIR PURIFIER WITH FRAGRANCE SPONGE: Add a drop of essential oil (Not Included) and some water into sponge below the purifier air outlet, then fragrance will flow with air movements.
- LOCK SET: It’s efficient to avoid error operation caused by pet or child’s during their curiosity. Three fan settings let you control the speed and volume of the Air purifier.
- BLACK CASE AND SLEEK DESIGN: Compact enough to fit on your desk. Effective area 107sq.ft/10m² (bedroom/ office). Noise Level: 38-59 dB. 12 Watts; 0.8 A; Better suited to small rooms than large homes.
There are several air purifiers to choose from that range from different prices and features, but as we know, someone wants the best air purifier. Someone can either go for a basic air purifier that simply cleans the air with the touch of a few buttons or purchase an air purifier that is packed with features. I hope this list is exactly what you’re looking for and that it not only saves you time trying to find the right device but also helps you get the most value for your money! Thank you!